Honeybourne, Church (St. Egwin)
HONEYBOURNE, CHURCH (St. Egwin), a parish, in the union of Evesham, Upper division of the hundred of Blackenhurst, Pershore and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5 miles (E.) from Evesham; containing 119 inhabitants. This place is recorded in Domesday book as belonging to the famous abbey of Evesham: at the Dissolution, the greater part of the abbey lands here were given to the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The parish forms an insulated portion of the county, surrounded on all sides, except the northwest, by Gloucestershire; and consists of 1296 acres, of which the greater part is pasture. The living is a vicarage, with the living of Cow-Honeybourne annexed, valued in the king's books at £6. 4. 4½.; patron, the Rev. Augustus Stapylton; appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Westminster. The income consists of a rent-charge of £80, for which the vicarial tithes have been commuted; 100 guineas per annum, left by Mrs. Williams, widow of the late vicar; and a certain portion of beans from Littleton. The glebe contains 22½ acres. The church has a plain tower surmounted by a graceful spire, and has lately been repewed, and a gallery erected, by aid of £500, bequeathed by Mrs. Williams, to which the inhabitants added £100 for decoration. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.