Homington (St. Mary)
HOMINGTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Alderbury, hundred of Cawden and Cadworth, Salisbury and Amesbury, and S. divisions of Wilts, 3 miles (S. W. by S.) from Salisbury; containing 171 inhabitants. The country is hilly; the soil is chalky, producing good crops of wheat and other grain. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury, the appropriators; net income, £57. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1783.