HOLT, a chapelry, in the parish, union, and hundred of Bradford, Westbury and N. divisions, and Trowbridge and Bradford sub-divisions, of Wilts, 2¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Bradford; containing 1044 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Catherine, and has been enlarged by 200 free sittings: the living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Bristol, with an income of £195. There are a place of worship for Independents, and a national school. A mineral spring was discovered upwards of a century ago, and is still resorted to for its sanative properties. Mr. David Arnot, long proprietor of the spa, was author of the Commercial Tables bearing his name.