Holme-Hale (St. Andrew)
HOLME-HALE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (E. S. E.) from Swaffham; containing 488 inhabitants. It comprises 2601a. 3r. 39p. of which 1435 acres are arable, 453 pasture and meadow, and 34 woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 16. 5½., and in the gift of the Rev. H. Milne: the tithes have been commuted for £571. 14. 8., and the glebe comprises 57 acres. The church is an ancient structure, with a square embattled tower. There are places of worship for Baptists, Primitive Methodists, and Wesleyans. The poor have 22 acres of land for fuel: and there is an estate of 46 acres, called the Town estate, for repairing the church, and other parochial uses.