HOLME, a chapelry, in the parish of Glatton, union of Peterborough, hundred of Norman-Cross, county of Huntingdon, 2¾ miles (E. S. E.) from Stilton; containing 408 inhabitants. The district of Holme Fen comprises 4054 acres, of which 2160 are common or waste land. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1809. The chapel is dedicated to St. Giles. A school for boys is endowed with £20 per annum, a portion of the proceeds of an estate bequeathed by Sir John Cotton, Bart., in 1726; and a girls' school is also supported, partly by endowment.