HIXON, a township, partly in the parish of Colwich, and partly in that of Stowe, S. division of the hundred of Pirehill, union, and N. division of the county, of Stafford, 6 miles (N. N. W.) from Rugeley; containing 625 inhabitants. This township includes a considerable village of the same name, situated on an eminence, and consisting of ancient thatched houses. It had formerly a pillory. The road from Colwich to Sandon passes on the west. The foundation stone of a church was laid by the Marchioness of Lothian in July 1846.