HISTON, a parish, in the union and hundred of Chesterton, county of Cambridge, 3½ miles (N. by W.) from Cambridge; containing 859 inhabitants. The parish comprises, exclusively of roads, 2225 acres. The living consists of the vicarages of St. Andrew and St. Etheldreda, the former valued in the king's books at £6. 7. 3., and the latter at £7. 16. 3.; patron, the Rev. T. P. Michell; impropriators, W. A. Taylor, Esq., and others. On the inclosure of the parish in 1806, an allotment of 218a. 1r. 7p. was made in lieu of tithes, now producing £400 per annum. The church of St. Andrew is a handsome cruciform structure, with a square embattled tower rising from the centre, and is partly in the early and partly in the later English style; that of St. Etheldreda has been entirely demolished. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. A school is partly supported by an endowment of about £20 per annum.