Hinxton (St. Mary)
HINXTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Linton, hundred of Whitlesford, county of Cambridge, 9 miles (S. by E.) from Cambridge; containing 382 inhabitants, of whom the females are chiefly employed in working muslin. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8. 5. 2½.; net income, £150; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Jesus' College, Cambridge; appropriator, the Bishop of Ely. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1820.