Hinton-in-the-Hedges (Holy Trinity)
HINTON-IN-THE-HEDGES (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Brackley, hundred of King'sSutton, S. division of the county of Northampton, 1½ mile (W.) from Brackley; containing 171 inhabitants. It comprises about 1404 acres, of which 873 are arable, 500 pasture and meadow, and 30 woodland; the surface is finely undulated, and the prevailing timber ash, oak, and beech. The living is a rectory, with that of Stean united, valued in the king's books at £10; net income, £343; patron, Earl Spencer. The tithes were commuted for land in 1766; the glebe altogether comprises 300 acres. The church is an ancient structure, in the Norman style, and contains a monument with the recumbent effigies of a knight and his lady, supposed to represent Lord and Lady Lovell, of whose family mansion or castle some remains may still be traced in a meadow near the village.