Hinksey, North (St. Lawrence)
HINKSEY, NORTH (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Abingdon, hundred of Hormer, county of Berks, 1½ mile (W.) from the city of Oxford; containing, with part of the tything of Botley, 295 inhabitants. This parish, sometimes called Ferry Hinksey, is situated on the western bank of the Isis, and comprises 750 acres. Both North and South Hinksey were formerly chapelries in the parish of Cumner. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £105; joint patrons, the Archbishop of York and the Earl of Abingdon; appropriator, the Archbishop. The tithes were commuted for land in 1776.