Hindolveston (St. George)
HINDOLVESTON (St. George), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of Eynsford, E. division of Norfolk, 12 miles (N. E.) from the town of East Dereham; containing 839 inhabitants. It comprises 2490a. 2p., of which 1590 acres are arable, 511 meadow and pasture, and about 5 woodland. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 1.; net income, £76; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Norwich: the great tithes have been commuted for £434, and the vicarial for £50; the glebe contains 10 acres. The church is a handsome structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans.