HILLAM, a township, in the parish of MonkFrystone, Lower division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, W. riding of York, 3½ miles (N. N. E.) from Ferry-Bridge; containing 342 inhabitants. It comprises by computation nearly 1500 acres. The substratum abounds with limestone of good quality, which is extensively quarried; the commons were inclosed in 1797, and the land has been brought into good cultivation. Hillam Hall is a handsome structure in the Elizabethan style, situated in grounds commanding fine views over the adjacent country. The York and North-Midland railway passes through the township. There is a place of worship in the village for Wesleyans.