HILARY, ST., a parish, in the union of Penzance, hundred of Penwith, W. division of Cornwall; containing 3649 inhabitants, of whom 1683 are in the market-town of Marazion. The parish is situated on the coast of Mount's Bay, and comprises 2675 acres, of which 900 are common or waste land; it abounds with mineral wealth, and the copper-mines of Marazion and Retallack are both within its limits. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £11. 6. 0½.; net income, £311; patrons, the Duke of Leeds, and the families of Buller, Beard, and Pascoe; impropriators, the landowners. The church is on the highest ground in the parish, and its whitewashed spire forms a conspicuous object in the scenery.