HIGHAM-BOOTH, a township, in the parochial chapelry of Padiham, parish of Whalley, union of Burnley, Higher division of the hundred of Blackburn, N. division of Lancashire, 4½ miles (N. W.) from Burnley; containing 960 inhabitants. This was one of the eleven vaccaries of Pendle Forest. According to tradition, criminals tried by John of Gaunt, at Ightonhill Park, were executed here; and there is still a handsome stone building in the village, called the Court-house, with the arms of John of Gaunt on the west front: the building is now occupied as a farmhouse. The township is bounded on the south by the river Calder, and comprises, with the inferior manor of West Close, 957 acres of land. Hachiller House, an ancient mansion; White Lee, an old fabric dated 1593; and Pendle Hall, a farmhouse near Pendle water, are in the township. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; also a national school, in which divine service is performed.