Hibaldstow (St. Hibald)
HIBALDSTOW (St. Hibald), a parish, in the union of Glandford-Brigg, E. division of the wapentake of Manley, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 3¾ miles (S. W. by S.) from Glandford-Brigg; containing 688 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 10.; net income, £328; patrons, alternately, the Bishop of Lincoln, and M.D. Dalison, Esq.: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1796. The chancel, and lower part of the tower, of the church, are in the early English style; the other parts are of more modern architecture. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. The Roman road from Lincoln to the Humber passes through the parish; and about a mile eastward from the church, foundations of buildings, tiles, coins, and other Roman relics have been discovered.