HETTON, a township, in the parish of Burnsall, union of Skipton, E. division of the wapentake of Staincliffe and Ewcross, W. riding of York, 5 miles (N. N. W.) from Skipton; containing, with Boardley, 191 inhabitants. Hetton comprises 1711 acres, whereof 94 are common or waste. A great part of it formerly belonged to the Nortons, and was granted, with the rest of their estates in Craven, to Francis, Earl of Cumberland. The lands are rich pasture, especially the lower grounds. The tithes have been commuted for £70, payable to the rectors of the medieties of Burnsall.