Hereford, Little (St. Mary Magdalene)
HEREFORD, LITTLE (St. Mary Magdalene), a parish, in the union of Tenbury, hundred of Wolphy, county of Hereford, 3 miles (W.) from Tenbury; containing, with the township of Upton, 462 inhabitants, of whom 347 are in the township of Little Hereford. The parish is situated on the borders of Salop and Worcestershire, by which it is nearly surrounded, the former county bounding it on the west, north, and east, and the latter partly on the south. It comprises 3365 acres, whereof 1224 are arable, 1896 pasture, and 245 woodland, &c.; and is intersected by the river Teme, and the road between Tenbury and Ludlow. The Leominster canal also passes through. The living is a vicarage, with the living of Ashford-Carbonell annexed, in the patronage of the Chancellor of the Choir in the Cathedral of Hereford, and valued in the king's books at £6. 14. The rectorial tithes have been commuted for £325, and the vicarial for £170. The church is in the Norman style.