Hemingford, Grey (St. James)
HEMINGFORD, GREY (St. James), a parish, in the union of St. Ives, hundred of Toseland, county of Huntingdon, 1¾ mile (W. by S.) from St. Ives; containing 910 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Ouse, which is navigable from Bedford to Lynn; and comprises 1110a. 1r. 6p. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £9. 16. 10.; net income, £177; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Trinity Hall, Cambridge; appropriator, the Bishop of Ely. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1806; the glebe comprises 75a. 3r. 6p.