Hemingford, Abbots (St. Margaret)
HEMINGFORD, ABBOTS (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of St. Ives, hundred of Toseland, county of Huntingdon, 2½ miles (W.) from St. Ives; containing 564 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 2370 acres, of which 1966 are arable, and 410 pasture. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £26. 13. 4., and in the patronage of Lady Olivia B. Sparrow: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1801; the land comprises 500 acres, valued at £500.