Heloughton (All Saints)
HELOUGHTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Walsingham, hundred of Gallow, W. division of Norfolk, 4¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Fakenham; containing 356 inhabitants. It comprises 1637a. 3r. 36p., of which. 959 acres are arable, 335 pasture and meadow, and 50 woodland. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of South Rainham united, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.; patrons and impropriators, the family of Townshend: the great tithes have been commuted for £299. 14., the vicarial for £184. 12., and the glebe comprises 26 acres. The church, which is chiefly in the early English style, consists of a nave and chancel, with a tower. At the inclosure, in 1819, thirty acres were allotted to the poor for fuel.