HEIGHINGTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Washingborough, Second division of the wapentake of Langoe, parts of Kesteven, union and county of Lincoln, 4¾ miles (E. S. E.) from Lincoln; containing 526 inhabitants. It comprises 1350 acres of land. The village is pleasantly seated on the banks of a rivulet, one mile and a half south of the river Witham. The chapel is an ancient stone building, in which the master of Washingborough grammar school performs divine service every Sunday. The tithes were commuted for land in 1829. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.