Hedenham (St. Mary)
HEDENHAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Loddon and Clavering, hundred of Loddon, E. division of Norfolk, 3¼ miles (N. N. W.) from Bungay; containing 272 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the road from Bungay to Norwich, comprises by measurement 1770 acres, whereof 1070 are arable, 500 pasture, and 200 woodland and plantations. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8., and in the gift of J. J. Bedingfield, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £450, and the glebe comprises 30 acres. The church is in the decorated and later English styles, with a square embattled tower, and has some portions of ancient stained glass, inserted by the Rev. J. P. Chambers.