HEATON-NORRIS, a chapelry, in the parish of Manchester, union of Stockport, hundred of Salford, S. division of the county of Lancaster, 2 miles (N. W. by N.) from Stockport; comprising the townships of Heaton-Norris and Reddish, and containing 15,817 inhabitants, of whom 14,629 are in Heaton-Norris. This place is separated from Stockport by the river Mersey, and the Manchester and Birmingham railway passes through it: the Manchester and Stockport canal terminates at Heaton. The cotton manufacture is largely carried on. The petty-sessions for the Manchester division of the hundred of Salford are held here. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £116; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Canons of Manchester. The chapel is dedicated to St. Thomas, and has been enlarged by 320 sittings, 250 of which are free. Christ Church, built by the Manchester and Eccles Church-Building Society, was completed in the autumn of 1846; it is in the decorated style, and consists of a nave and transepts, but without a chancel, and has 1220 sittings: the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Bishop of Chester. There are places of worship for dissenters, and numerous schools. Near the chapel is a school, endowed with £10 per annum arising from a bequest by John Hollingpriest, in 1785; and at Heaton-Mersey is a Sunday school endowed with £500 in 1815, by Robert Parker, Esq.