HEATHERYCLEUGH, a chapelry, in the parish of Stanhope, union of Weardale, N. W. division of Darlington ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 10 miles (W.) from Stanhope. This place, which is situated on the road to Alston, abounds in mineral wealth; ten lead-mines are at present in operation, and there are extensive quarries of flag and other kinds of stone. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £120; patron, the Rector of Stanhope: the glebe comprises 8 acres. The church, the last of those erected by Bishop Barrington, is a neat plain edifice, consecrated in 1823. Here are two places of worship for Primitive, and one for Wesleyan, Methodists; and some national schools supported by endowment. The chapelry contains two mineral springs, and the mines abound with very beautiful and valuable spar.