Healey, with Sutton
HEALEY, with Sutton, a township, in the parish of Masham, union of Leyburn, wapentake of HangEast, N. riding of York, 7¾ miles (S. E. by S.) from Middleham; containing 442 inhabitants. The township comprises 4827a. 1r. 10p., forming a hilly tract extending westward to the foot of Witton Fell and BroomBeck Moor. The village is about three miles to the west of Masham, and contains a school, built in 1820 by the late William Danby, Esq., and endowed with 11½ acres of land. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £70, and the impropriate for £140, payable to Trinity College, Cambridge. The church here is of pleasing design; it was built in 1846, and has a square bell-tower, surmounted by a spire.