Hatton (St. Stephen)
HATTON (St. Stephen), a parish, in the union of Horncastle, E. division of the wapentake of Wraggoe, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 3¼ miles (E. by S.) from Wragby; containing 203 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1803a. 1r. 26p.; the soil, with the exception of a small portion of land, is a poor, tenacious clay, and the surface is generally flat. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 10. 10.; net income, £227; patron, Colonel Sibthorp, M. P. £6 per annum, arising from a bequest by Heneage Smith in 1616, are paid for teaching children; and a small donation is distributed in bread.