HATHERTON, a township, in the parish of Wolverhampton, union of Penkridge, E. division of the hundred of Cuttlestone, S. division of the county of Stafford, 4 miles (S. E.) from Penkridge; containing 378 inhabitants, and comprising 1664 acres, of which 494 are waste. Part of Calf-heath common is in this township, in which also are the hamlet of Four-Crosses, and several fertile and well-wooded farms. Hatherton Hall, a fine stone mansion, built in 1817, in the Gothic style, is the seat of the Hon. E. R. Littleton, whose father was elevated to the peerage in 1835, by the title of Baron Hatherton, of this place. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £234.