HASLINGTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Barthomley, union and hundred of Nantwich, S. division of the county of Chester, 3¼ miles (S. S. W.) from Sandbach; containing 1146 inhabitants. The township comprises 3617 acres, of which the soil is clay, sand, and moss. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £100; patron, the Rev. Sir Delves Broughton, Bart. There is a place of worship for Independents.