Haselor (St. Mary and All Saints)
HASELOR (St. Mary and All Saints), a parish, in the union of Alcester, Stratford division of the hundred of Barlichway, S. division of the county of Warwick, 2½ miles (E.) from Alcester; containing 360 inhabitants. The name was anciently written Haselover, from the ground being woody and full of hazels, and the situation over, or upon, a hill. In the reign of Edward III., Robert de Stratford, parson of Stratford church, purchased this property with the advowson, neither of which continued long in his possession. The manor subsequently passed to Thomas Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick, who bestowed it in the reign of Richard II. on the canons of his collegiate church at Warwick: after the dissolution of that college, it passed out of the crown to Sir Ralph Sadler, Knt., and Lawrence Wenington. The parish consists of 2250 acres, of a moderately fertile soil. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4., and has a net income of £42; the patronage and impropriation belong to the Crown. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1766.