HARTON, a township, in the parish of Bossal, wapentake of Bulmer, union and N. riding of York, 10 miles (N. E.) from York; containing 186 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1620 acres; the village is east of the road from York to Malton, and about a mile south-west of the village of Barton. The tithes have been commuted for £87. 8. payable to the vicar, and £317. 6. to the Dean and Chapter of Durham.