HARTFORD, a chapelry, in the parish of Great Budworth, union of Northwich, Second division of the hundred of Eddisbury, S. division of the county of Chester, 1½ mile (S. W. by W.) from Northwich; containing 994 inhabitants. It comprises 1008 acres, the soil of which is clay and sand. The Liverpool and Birmingham railway passes through the township, where is one of its principal stations, a handsome building, situated near the viaduct which carries the Manchester and Chester road over the line. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £117; patrons, three Trustees on the part of the founders. The chapel is dedicated to St. John. Here are an endowed school, and a national school.