Harrowden, Great (All Saints)
HARROWDEN, GREAT (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Wellingborough, hundred of Orlingbury, N. division of the county of Northampton, 2 miles (N. W. by N.) from Wellingborough; containing 130 inhabitants. The parish is intersected by the road between Wellingborough and Kettering, and consists of 1407a. 2r. 8p., the property of the Earl Fitzwilliam, and all of which is good pasture, with the exception of about 20 acres: the surface is undulated. The living is a discharged vicarage, with that of Little Harrowden, valued jointly in the king's books at £13. 3. 8.; net income, £322; patron and impropriator, the Earl. The church is an ancient structure with a square tower, and very neat interior: it was restored by the noble patron in 1844. A school, built by Earl Fitzwilliam, also in 1844, is supported by subscription.