Harpole (All Saints)
HARPOLE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Northampton, hundred of Newbottle-Grove, S. division of the county of Northampton, 4 miles (W.) from Northampton; containing 699 inhabitants. It is situated on the road to Daventry, and consists of 1834 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 13. 4.; net income, £529; patron, Earl Fitzwilliam: the glebe consists of 382 acres, with a glebehouse. The church is partly Norman and partly in the early English style, with a square tower. There is a place of worship for Baptists. The tithes were commuted for land, under an act of inclosure, in 1778, when, also, an allotment was made for the support of a school; the rental of the allotment is £50 a year: the school-houses were rebuilt in 1835.