HARLE, LITTLE, a township, in the parish of Kirk-Whelpington, union of Bellingham, N. E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 12½ miles (W. by S.) from Morpeth; containing 51 inhabitants. Little Harle Tower, an ancient border fortress, now constitutes part of a handsome and commodious mansion, formerly the property of John Murray Aynsley, a grandson of the fourth duke of Athol, and lately sold by him. The estate was one of the manors of Prudhoe barony, of which it was held, in 1552, by John de Fenwick. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £12. 16. 6., and the impropriate for £1.