HARGRAVE, a parish, in the union and hundred of Thingoe, W. division of Suffolk, 6 miles (W. S. W.) from Bury St. Edmund's; containing 457 inhabitants, and comprising by admeasurement 1108 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £4. 11. 8.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. John White: the tithes have been commuted for £282. 13. 5., and the glebe comprises 25 acres. The church is a small edifice in the Norman style, with a tower of brick of later date. The parish is entitled to one-fourth share of the rents of about 75 acres in Cowling, amounting, with other bequests, to about £20 per annum.