Hargham (All Saints)
HARGHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Wayland, hundred of Shropham, W. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Attleburgh; containing 93 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1080 acres, of which 500 are arable, 450 pasture and meadow, and 100 woodland: the road from Thetford to Norwich passes through it. Hargham Hall is the seat of Sir Thomas B. Beevor, Bart., lord of the manor. The living is a discharged rectory, annexed to that of Wilby, and valued in the king's books at £4. 4. 2.: the tithes have been commuted for £180, and the glebe comprises 27 acres. The church is in the later English style, and consists of a chancel, and a small portion of the nave; the remainder, with the tower, being in ruins. At the north-eastern extremity of the parish are remains of tumuli, and in the vicinity two Roman urns were found about fifty years ago.