Hardwicke (St. Mary)
HARDWICKE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Caxton and Arrington, hundred of Longstow, county of Cambridge, 5½ miles (E. by N.) from Caxton; containing 202 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely, valued in the king's books at £8. 14. 2.: the tithes have been commuted for £248, and the glebe comprises 33 acres. An act for the inclosure of waste lands was obtained in 1836.