HARDEN, a hamlet, in the parish of Bingley, union of Keighley, Upper division of the wapentake of Skyrack, W. riding of York, 1½ mile (W.) from Bingley. It is beautifully situated on the road from Bingley to Wilsden and Halifax, and comprises 4620 acres, chiefly pasture and meadow land, and of which 1387 acres are uninclosed moors. The powerful Harden beck, which abounds with trout, runs through the hamlet, and propels the machinery of three worstedmills, in which the greater part of the population is employed. Harden Grange, situated on an eminence, and surrounded with wood and plantations, is the handsome seat of W. Busfeild Ferrand, Esq. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. A large rocky crag, overhanging the Bell-Bank wood, is called the Druids' Altar.