Harbury, or Harberbury (All Saints)
HARBURY, or Harberbury (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Southam, Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, S. division of the county of Warwick, 3¾ miles (W. S. W.) from Southam; containing 1089 inhabitants. The parish consists of 3285 acres, of which two-thirds are arable, and the remainder pasture, and is situated in the heart of a fertile district, abounding in interesting scenery. Limestone is quarried for building, and for burning into lime. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5; net income, £400, with a glebe-house; patron and incumbent, the Rev. C. Newsom; impropriators, several landed proprietors. The church has a square tower, and is a neat edifice in good repair. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Thomas Wagstaffe in 1611 founded a school, and endowed it with £20 a year.