Harborough Magna (All Saints)
HARBOROUGH MAGNA (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Rugby, Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, N. division of the county of Warwick, 3 miles (N. N. W.) from Rugby; containing 375 inhabitants. This place is written in Domesday book Herd eberge, and in the time of Henry II. a great part of it belonged to a family of that name; it continued with them till the reign of Edward IV., and passed by a female heir to the family of Corbet. The parish comprises by measurement 1333 acres; the soil is chiefly a clay loam, and the surface, though generally level, has a considerable elevation. The London and Birmingham and the Midland railways are within two miles; and the Coventry and Oxford canal bounds the place on the west. A post through the village to Monks-Kirby has recently been established. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £14. 13. 4.; net income, £298, with a good glebe-house; patron, Boughton Leigh, Esq. The church is an ancient structure. Schools on the national plan are supported.