Hapton (St. Margaret)
HAPTON (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union and hundred of Depwade, E. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Long Stratton; containing 203 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy; patrons and impropriators, the Master and Fellows of Christ's College, Cambridge, by whom a small glebehouse has lately been erected, and who pay the minister £100 per annum. The church was repewed in 1841. There is a place of worship for Unitarians.