Hanningfield, South (St. Peter)
HANNINGFIELD, SOUTH (St. Peter), a parish, in the union and hundred of Chelmsford, S. division of Essex, 6 miles (S. S. E.) from Chelmsford; containing 226 inhabitants. It comprises 1305 acres, of which 815 are arable, 407 meadow and pasture, and 83 woodland. The living is a rectory, consolidated in 1785 with that of West Hanningfield, and valued in the king's books at £10: the tithes have been commuted for £360, and the glebe comprises 20 acres. The church is a plain edifice, with a tower surmounted by a spire.