Handford, or Hanford
HANDFORD, or Hanford, a parish, in the union of Stone, N. division of the hundred of Pirehill and of the county of Stafford, 1 mile (N.) of Trentham; containing 733 inhabitants. This place was till lately a chapelry in the parish of Trentham; but is now a distinct parish, under the act 58th of George III., cap. 45. Blue bricks of the hardest quality, and tiles, are made here. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Duke of Sutherland, who is impropriator; net income, £190. The church, a neat structure, was erected in 1828.