HAM, a hamlet, in the parish and union of Kingston, First division of the hundred of Kingston, E. division of Surrey, 10 miles (S. W. by W.) from London; containing, with Hatch, 1391 inhabitants. The hamlet is pleasantly situated between Kingston and Richmond, and comprises by admeasurement 1921 acres, of which 450 are arable, 1050 pasture, 115 wood and plantations, and 216 common, &c. It contains several handsome villas: Ham House, a noble mansion, is in the parish of Petersham, which see. There is a pleasure-fair on May 29th and the two following days, which is much frequented. A district church built on the common, in 1832, is dedicated to St. Andrew; it is of yellow brick, with stone dressings, and has 400 sittings: there are several monuments. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £101; patron, the Vicar of Kingston. Here is a place of worship for Independents.