Halvergate (St. Peter and St. Paul)
HALVERGATE (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Blofield, hundred of Walsham, E. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (S. S. E.) from Acle; containing 495 inhabitants. It is intersected by the Norwich and Yarmouth railway, and comprises 2649a. 3r. 28p., of which about 1892 acres are marsh ground: the sea formerly came up to Halvergate, which was a port before Yarmouth. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £5; net income, £325; patron and appropriator, the Bishop of Ely. Under an inclosure act, 15½ acres have been allotted to the poor for fuel.