HALLOW, a parish, in the union of Martley, Lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Worcester and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 3 miles (N. N. W.) from Worcester; containing, with the chapelry of Broadheath and hamlet of Shoulton, 1228 inhabitants. This is a fertile parish, comprising a considerable area of land, of which the river Severn forms the eastern boundary. From a Chamber-order book of the city of Worcester (date 1575) it appears that Queen Elizabeth chose this spot for hunting purposes, killing two bucks here during her visit to Worcester. The mansion of Hallow Park, a handsome seat, occupies the summit of a small eminence, near the village, and not far westward of the Severn, which adds greatly to the beauty of the well-wooded grounds. The manor of Woodhall, the residence of the abbots of Worcester, now belongs to Francis Hooper, Esq., as lessee under the Bishop of Worcester. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Grimley. The church was rebuilt in 1830, and contains 600 sittings, whereof 300 are free: in 1839 an organ was erected, by subscription. The remains of the distinguished surgeon, Sir Charles Bell, who died at Hallow Park in 1842, are interred in the churchyard. On Hallow common, about half a mile beyond the village, is a place of worship for Independents. A school has an endowment of £70 per annum; and in the village is a useful circulating library. There is a chalybeate spring. See Broadheath.