Hallingbury, Little (St. Mary)
HALLINGBURY, LITTLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Bishop-Stortford, hundred of Harlow, S. division of Essex, 3 miles (N. N. E.) from Bishop-Stortford; containing 497 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1612 acres, of which 34 are waste land or common; it is bounded on the south by Great Hallingbury. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £15, and in the gift of the Charter-House, London: the tithes have been commuted for £465, and the glebe comprises 26 acres. The church, a small plain edifice with a square embattled tower surmounted by a shingled spire, consists of a nave and chancel; a gallery has been erected, with 50 sittings.