Hainford (All Saints)
HAINFORD (All Saints), a parish, in the union of St. Faith, hundred of Taverham, E. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (W.) from Coltishall; containing 570 inhabitants, and comprising 1790a. 38p. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 2. 1., and in the gift of Robert Marsham, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £467. 2., and the glebe comprises 34 acres. The old church is in ruins, but the churchyard is still used: a new church has just been built on a different site, in the early English style, a cruciform edifice capable of accommodating 355 persons with sittings, 281 of which are free in consequence of a grant of £260 from the Incorporated Society. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. A national school is supported; and £30 per annum are distributed among the poor by the owners of certain common lands, pursuant to an agreement at the inclosure in 1802.