HAGNABY, a hamlet, in the parish of Hannay, union of Louth, Wold division of the hundred of Calceworth, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 3½ miles (N. E. by N.) from Alford; containing 66 inhabitants. A Præmonstratensian monastery, dedicated to St. Thomas of Canterbury, was founded in 1175, by Herbert de Oppeby: the revenue, at the Dissolution, was £98. 7. 4. The site cannot be clearly defined, but is supposed to be an elevated grassy hillock here.