Hagnaby (St. Andrew)
HAGNABY (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Spilsby, W. division of the soke of Bolingbroke, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 1½ mile (S. by W.) from Bolingbroke; containing 85 inhabitants. It comprises about 1000 acres; the soil is of a sandy quality, and the surface generally flat. A stream called Hagnaby beck flows through the parish; and a navigable drain called the Catchwater, which communicates with the river Witham, skirts the southern extremity. The living is a perpetual curacy, valued in the king's books at £8; patron and impropriator, T. Coltman, Esq. The glebe is situated at Stickney, and contains 32a. 1r. 16p., valued at £72 per annum, which, with the sum of £10, for which certain tithes were some years ago commuted, make up the minister's income. The church was erected about half a century since by the late Mr. Coltman.